Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I love "hipster black metal".

Sorry about the awful post title, actually, fuck any stubborn elitist who uses the term "hipster black metal" on bands like Wolves In The Throne Room, Altar Of Plagues and Alcest. The so-called "atmospheric/depressive" black metal is currently one of my favorite types of music. Some such bands I've been stoked about recently:

Lantlôs - Neon

This album has Neige on vocals, so I guess you could rightfully compare it to Alcest. I wasn't too stroked on the previous album, but this one hits the jackpot. Awesome, highly melodic and melancholic stuff with lyrics on france, german and english. Loving this very much.
Spotify: Lantlôs – .Neon
Web: http://lantlos.com/





Deafheaven - Demo

Don't let the somewhat "nu metal-ish" name distract you. This is a recent signing of Deathwish Inc and apparently one of Jacob Bannon's favorites of 2010. They claim to be influenced by post rock and screamo alongside black metal, and you can hear that on their demo, as there are some moments very reminiscent of Envy and Funeral Diner. This is probably the third time I mention Alcest in this post, but again, yeah, I'd recommend Deafheaven to fans of said band.
Download: Mediafire
Web: http://deafheaven.tumblr.com/




The winter still reigns. Good luck surviving through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment